Partner Compensation to Promote Collaboration, Growth and Stability
This one-day workshop provides a forum to focus on difficult and pressing compensation issues with other law firm leaders and Fairfax consultants. In addition to learning new approaches to compensation processes and structures, the workshop will also include a Law Firm Leader Panel discussing current practices in origination tracking and partner transitions, as well as guest speakers on lateral partner compensation and the impact of industry performance and demand for services on compensation setting.
Session: Best Practices in Structuring Compensation Systems
- Compensation myths and realities
- Partner performance management and balanced scorecard approach
- Effective use of bonuses
Session: Tracking Origination and Other Metrics
- Approaches and best practices
- Pros and cons of origination approaches
Session: Incentivizing Collaboration and Teamwork
- Culture v. compensation
- Using compensation to incentive collaboration
Lunch Speaker: Update on 2015 Firm Economics and Impact on Partner Compensation
Jeff Grossman, Wells Fargo
Law Firm Leader Panel: Strengths and challenges, approaches to managing origination and encouraging collaboration, transitioning partners
Session: Delivering Effective Feedback to Partners
- Approaches/structure for delivering feedback
- Approaches for delivering effective compensation and performance feedback
- Psychology of partners and impact on compensation feedback
Session: Compensation considerations for expanding firms
- Effective approaches for lateral partners
- Compensation considerations in mergers
Optional Pre-Program Dinner on September 30 hosted by Wells Fargo Legal Specialty Group. Details to be provided to registrants.
- Lisa Smith, Principal, Fairfax Associates
- Kristin Stark, Principal, Fairfax Associates
- Lisa Rohrer, Senior Advisor, Fairfax Associates and Harvard Law School, Case Study Initiative
- Tom Froehle, Chief Operating Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels
- Jeff Grossman, Senior Vice President, Legal Specialty Group, Wells Fargo
- Blane Prescott, Chief Operating Officer, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Robert Romero, Partner in Charge, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Additional Leaders TBD
233 South Wacker Drive
34th Floor Conference Center
Date and Time:
September 30, 2015 Optional Pre-Program Dinner hosted by Wells Fargo Legal Specialty Group
October 1, 2015
8:30-9:00 am Check in and Continental Breakfast
9:00-5:00 pm Program
Pricing and instructions for signing up
Program Fee: $850 per attendee
10% discount applied for registration prior to September 4, 2015. Multiple attendee discount also available, please inquire.
Program fee includes program attendance, all program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks.
Register below or send an email confirming you wish to attend to email@example.com
We will issue an invoice and reserve your place. Additional information regarding building access will be provided in advance of the session.
Cancellations are accepted and fees will be refunded if notice is received by September 4. Substitutions are welcome.
If for any reason the workshop is cancelled a full refund of fees will be made but Fairfax Associates will not be responsible for travel, hotel or other costs incurred by registrants.