Kristin is a Principal with Fairfax Associates and is based in California. Kristin advises law firms on strategy development and implementation, organizational management and structure, financial management, and compensation.
Previously, Kristin was a Director of Hildebrandt (the legal management consultancy of Thomson Reuters) and worked with firms both domestically and internationally on strategy and management topics. Prior to her time at Hildebrandt, Kristin was a senior consultant with Deloitte, managing consultant teams implementing innovative financial restructuring strategies for Fortune 100 companies. Kristin has served global firms in the United States, United Kingdom, and Asia as a consultant on both strategy and operations management projects.
In addition to her ongoing work advising clients, Kristin is a frequent speaker at law firm retreats and industry events. She has taught at the George Washington Master's in Law Firm Management Program.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Assists in determining strategic goals and developing a plan for strategy implementation
- Analyzes market, competitor, and client trends through quantitative research and client interviews
- Aligns practice area, industry group, geographic and client team business plans with overall goals
Performance and compensation
- Designs partner compensation systems to align with and support a firm’s strategic goals and objectives
- Assists with the implementation of revised compensation systems and the identification of appropriate performance metrics
- Advises a firm’s leadership on talent management issues and on serving as a member of the firm’s partner compensation committees
Mergers and acquisitions
- Assesses potential growth strategies available to a firm, in light of the firm’s strategy and the competitive market landscape
- Identifies opportunities for merger or acquisition, and facilitates merger discussions
- Negotiates firm combinations to support long-term merger integration and success
Governance, management and organization
- Redesigns a firm’s governance and practice management structures to support strategic goals
- Evaluates a firm’s financial performance along key metrics, and assesses efficiency
- Conducts profitability studies to support strategic decisions and evaluates opportunities to apply new business models
- Develops client intake and pricing strategies
- M.B.A. The London Business School, in Concentration in Strategy
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Notre Dame